It’s funny how often one can experience things on a regular basis, and not fully realize what is happening. It only occurred to me last night that I have been experiencing a rather high frequency of hypnagogic hallucinations lately.
Often, just before I fall asleep, I will hear my boyfriend having a conversation with someone. So I wake up and go ask him who he was talking to, but he always says that he wasn’t talking at all.
I have also had hallucinations involving:
- him doing things when he wasn’t (and was clearly sound asleep)
- my front door being opened
- people moving things around downstairs, when we are both upstairs and in bed
- generally, just people doing things they shouldn’t, in my home while I’m asleep
- my dreams “coming to life” and upon waking I am startled to realize that I’m not actually holding/doing whatever it was
Usually, thank goodness, they are not scary, and for some reason I feel either fully equipped to investigate, or too sleepy to bother investigating.